Thursday, November 29, 2007

Island Hopper



Once again, one of my friends introduced me to this excellent restaurant on Massachusetts Avenue that serves Southeast Asian cuisine. The food consists of a mixture of Burmese, Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese, and other Asian foods. Last night was the first time I had ever been to this restaurant and I tried the Pad Ped Chicken which was very tasty. It consisted of white chicken meat stir-fried with red and green peppers, onions and green beans in a Thai Basil coconut sauce. It came with a side of rice (you can choose from brown rice, white rice, or coconut rice) and a small salad garnish. I couldn't help but indulge myself after a stressful day so I also ordered the Kookie Monster, which is an Oreo smoothie. The food was absolutely fantastic and my friend was also pleased with her meal.

Besides the food, the service was excellent, as our waiter catered to our every need and was friendly and patient while we asked questions about the menu. As far as prices go, I would say they were fairly reasonable for a Boston restaurant, but when adding fruit drinks and other sides it can get quite pricey. And finally, the decor was a mix of colorful modern art with splashes of Asian art scattered around the restaurant. Overall, it was a great dinning experience!





Island Hopper

No comments: