Sunday, September 30, 2007

An Introduction to My Blog

After my first attempt to create a blog about blood diamonds I have decided to switch to a much lighter topic and write about food venues around Boston. I love food and I especially enjoy going out to eat. I thought this would be the perfect topic to write about while I am in living in Boston because this city has a lot of great restaurants to choose from. Then again, there are also some not-so-great places in the city that I would like to warn people about. The thing that I love most about eating out in a metropolitan city like Boston, is that the diverse population is reflected in the restaurants and food venues around the city. Whether you are craving Chinese, Indian, or Italian food, Boston has it covered. I have been living in the city for a little over two years now so I feel confident that I am familiar enough with the restaurant scene to provide commentary on it. Plus, I will eat pretty much anything from any culture. I'm not a vegetarian so I'm not limited to commentary on just the veggies. Actually I would call myself more of a carnivore if I were to ever label my eating habits. That is not to say that I don't love my fruits and vegestables.

I will also be expanding this blog to talk about quick meals that college students can make. I'm not much of a chef and I often don't have a lot of time to make lavish meals for myself but I have discovered how to make some quick and tasty meals that I would like to share with others.

No comments: